Pupils are assessed at regular intervals throughout their time at Fir Ends.
Most regular assessment is non-statutory and informs teacher's planning for teaching and learning. It is also used to discuss progress, strengths and areas of development with parents and to inform the year-end report.
- In EYFS, assessment is ongoing and based primarily on observations; this assessment informs teaching and judgements on progression toward the Early Learning Goals.
- From year 1 to year 6, pupils sit 2-3 tests from the NFER suite each year. These provide an age-standardised assessment of pupils' confidence within the core curriculum subjects.
- Writing is regularly assessed by teachers to inform next steps for each pupil.
- Non core subjects are assessed through teacher assessment, quizzes and other methods as appropriate.
Pupils also take part in statutory national assessments at regular intervals as they progress through school.
- EYFS Baseline and end of Reception profile
- Year 1 Phonics Check (+Year 2 resits if not passed)
- Year 2 National Teacher Assessment and Tests (Reading, Writing, Mathematics)
- Year 4 Multiplication Tables Check
- Year 6 National assessments (Reading, Mathematics, SPaG) and teacher assessment (Writing)
Results of statutory assessments prior to Year 6 will be included in reports to parents.
Year 6 data is published nationally and is summarised here:
As a result of the Covid Pandemic the last published data is from the 2018/19 academic year and thus is not current.