School Policy Documents
Below you can view key policies, set by the governing body and followed within the school. These are updated regularly, either as part of a rolling programme, or to reflect latest guidance from relevant bodies.
The Governing Body of Fir Ends School aims to adopt the latest version of a number of Local Authority Model Policies. Where any of these policies need to be enacted, the latest version will be verified. Where an update has taken place within the review timeframe of a given policy, the newer version will be ratified at the earliest opportunity and will be implemented.
The school also subscribes to policy advice and updates from Kym Allan Health and Safety Consultants and adopts model policies as updates are made to these. Model policies sourced from here include the Child Protection, Behaviour and Accessibility policies.
Other model policies are also sourced directly from the Local Authority (e.g complaints policy) or from other sources.
Where a model policy is not available, it is written specifically for the school, reflecting its unique features.
This page is updated periodically and a newer version of policies listed here may be in use. The list below is not exhaustive, but represents the statutory policies all schools are required to maintain.
GENERAL INFORMATION SUMMARY:
- see admissions page
- Attendance Policy (Nov 2018)
- Request form for authorised absence
- Short term illness self-certificate
- Statement of Behaviour Principles
- Whole School Behaviour Policy (Sept 2020)
- COVID-19 - Addendum to Behaviour Policy (Sept 2020)
- Code of conduct for school staff and other adults
- Child Protection policy
- COVID-19 - addendum to CP Policy
- Peer-on-Peer Abuse policy
Our school follows the National Curriculum for England. Further details can be found on the curriculum page.
- Parent Information Pack (2019)
- Communications Policy (2019)
- Complaints Policy
- Charging and Remissions policy (2019-20)
- Data Protection (GDPR)
- Single Equality Scheme and Accessibility Plan (Jan 2020
- ICO Model Publication scheme (FOI) (external link)
- Invoiced payments agreement
- Pupil Premium Policy
- Sports Premium Policy
- Pupil & Sports Premium Spending plans - see Financial transparency page
- Separated Parents Policy
Health & Safety
- H&S Policy Statement (Dec 2018)
- Supporting pupils' medical needs policy and procedures
- FORM: Parental authorisation to administer a single medication
ICT & Associated policies
Documents to enable children to bring school devices home
- Document copy of device loan and acceptable use agreement for KS1
- Document copy of device loan and acceptable use agreement for KS2
- Online form copy of device loan and acceptable agreement (covers both KS)
- Online Safety and Acceptable Use policy (Oct 2020)
- Remote Learning Policy (Oct 2020)
- Remote Learning: Information for parents (Jan 2021)