School Policy Documents
Below you can view key policies, set by the governing body and followed within the school. These are updated regularly, either as part of a rolling programme, or to reflect latest guidance from relevant bodies.
The Governing Body of Fir Ends School aims to adopt the latest version of a number of Local Authority Model Policies. Where any of these policies need to be enacted, the latest version will be verified. Where an update has taken place within the review timeframe of a given policy, the newer version will be ratified at the earliest opportunity and will be implemented.
The school also subscribes to policy advice and updates from Kym Allan Health and Safety Consultants and adopts model policies as updates are made to these, making contextual changes as appropriate. Policies sourced from here include the Child Protection and Equality& Accessibility policies.
Other model policies are also sourced directly from the Local Authority (e.g staff disciplinary) or from other sources.
Where a model policy is not available or relevant to our context, it is written specifically for the school, reflecting its unique features.
This page is updated periodically and a newer version of policies listed here may be in use.
The list below is not exhaustive, but represents the statutory policies all schools are required to maintain.
GENERAL INFORMATION SUMMARY:
NEW - POLICY LISTING
We are in the process of moving our policy library from the old system of hyperlinks to the new policy module within School Jotter. Those already moved can be found below as document links. Policies that have not yet been moved into this system are hyperlinked at the bottom of the page.
DATA & PRIVACY
OLDER POLICY LISTING - due to be removed as the new system is populated
- see admissions page
Attendance - moved
Behaviour - moved
Safeguarding & Child Protection
- Code of conduct for school staff and other adults
- Overarching Safeguarding statement 2012
- Child Protection policy 2021
- COVID-19 - addendum to CP Policy
- Peer-on-Peer Abuse policy 2021
Complaints - moved - see also complaints page
Our school follows the National Curriculum for England. Further details can be found on the curriculum page.
- Communications Policy (2019)
- Covid 19 - Outbreak Management plan
- Complaints Policy - link to complaints page
- Charging and Remissions policy (2019-20)
- Data Protection (GDPR)
- Single Equality Scheme and Accessibility Plan (Jan 2020
- ICO Model Publication scheme (FOI) (external link)
- Invoiced payments agreement
- Pupil Premium Policy
- Sports Premium Policy
- Pupil & Sports Premium Spending plans - see Financial transparency page
- Separated Parents Policy
Health & Safety
- H&S Policy Statement (Dec 2018)
- Supporting pupils' medical needs policy and procedures
- FORM: Parental authorisation to administer a single medication
ICT & Associated policies
Documents to enable children to bring school devices home
- Document copy of device loan and acceptable use agreement for KS1
- Document copy of device loan and acceptable use agreement for KS2
- Online form copy of device loan and acceptable agreement (covers both KS)
- Online Safety and Acceptable Use policy (Oct 2020)
- Remote Learning Policy (Oct 2020)
- Remote Learning: Information for parents (Jan 2021)
- Accessibility Plan - under review
- Intimate Care and Toileting Policy